Monday, December 13, 2010

Spare a Thought For Andrew

I met Andrew Lawton of Strictly Right at a dinner party this past spring and I like him a lot. He's smart, funny and a pleasure to be around. I consider him a friend. In a lot of ways, he reminds me of me when I was his age.

It has never been a huge secret that Andrew's health isn't the best. There aren't many folks who have a stroke at 21, after all. But he's a tenacious guy and keeps a busy schedule, much busier than most people's. Whatever you think of the man's politics, you have to admire that someone that young has accomplished what Andrew has, particularly with his heath issues.

Things took a dramatic turn for the worse over the weekend. I'm not going to go into the particulars because that's frankly nobody else's business but his family's. But it is very, very serious.

Andrew's a really good kid and, as I said, I like him a lot. I'd ask that you all take a minute today and send a thought to him and his family. That could be in the form of a prayer, or just your very best wishes. Everything else aside, a very young man is very ill and he could use your thoughts right now.


Comments on this post are closed. I've never done this before, but there are people out there who can't drop the politics or stupid blog feuds for a day. That's their right, I suppose. But I don't have to allow it here. Not under these circumstances.

0 comments:

Post a Comment