Sunday, December 19, 2010

"We're Sending Our Love Down The Well"

I mentioned earlier this week that my friend Andrew Lawton is seriously ill. His condition remains unchanged, but Wendy regularly speaks to his brother and I can tell you that his friends and family deeply appreciate your kind thoughts. I'm sure that you understand what a hard time this is for the Lawton family, particularly at this time of year. Having lost my father four years ago this past Friday, I'd like to express to them my deepest sympathies for what they're going through.

The good folks at Brass Balls Radio have put up a podcast in tribute to our fallen friend (media link, click to listen, right click to download), featuring Wendy Sullivan, Jimmie Bise and the world renowned Kathy Shaidle. Listening to it, you really get a sense of how much people really love and admire Andrew. The kid has made a hell of a impact with some pretty serious people.

It's a good listen and one that I recommend to you all. Hopefully, you'll continue to keep Andrew in your thoughts and prayers over the holiday season. I know how much it means to his family, just as it did when you kids thought of me when I lost my dad at this time of year.

It's hard not to be maudlin under circumstances like these, but the Brass Balls crew pulled it off beautifully, celebrating Andrew and expressing their very best wishes for the speediest of recoveries. I hope that you can spare an hour to listen and appreciate just how much everybody loves Andrew.

Because Mr. Lawton is in intensive care, he cannot receive flowers, but if you'd like to send a card, you address it to;
Andrew Lawton, Patient
Victoria Hospital, Critical Care Unit
800 Commissioners Road East
London, Ontario
Canada N6A 5W9
I can speak from experience as to how much his family would thank you for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment